An integral part of Day of the Dead celebrations, the sugar skull is placed on altars, or ofrendas, to memorialize the dead. It can also be a fun and educational project!
For those who don’t want to mess around hunting for all of the supplies, this listing has everything you need to start making sugar skulls minus the water and sugar (and anything else you want to add such as glitter, sequins, beads, foils, etc.).
What you get in the kit:
1. One plastic sheet of skull molds. You get to pick from Happy Skulls, Guadalupe, Small, Medium (one-sided or two-sided), Grande and “Life Size” (XL). Please look at my other listings for the details on each individual mold. Please specify which one you would like when ordering.
2. One 8-ounce can of Wilton meringue powder. Wilton is the leading brand preferred by cake decorators and chefs.
3. 6 different .5 ounce jars of paste dyes to make the royal icing to decorate your skulls (also made by Wilton).
4. 12 icing bags.
5. Complete and easy-to-follow printed instructions on how to make the sugar skulls and the frosting.
6. 7-day-a-week FREE phone support on how to make these. Call me at 619-564-9229 if you are in a bind or if you need clarification on anything and I will provide you with immediate support and advice (please call during daylight hours). You will get to talk to a live person. Imagine that!
I will ship the kit to you via US Mail on the same day you pay, so you can have this in less than a week to most places (I am in sunny San Diego, California).